Followers

Monday 31 March 2014

Stunning steampunk

I'm afraid I'm scribing this rather hurriedly, as I'm in the process of trying to get my youngest to sleep in a bed rather than a cot. Trying is not the word, so far she's lasted 3 1/2 hours! Therefore please excuse any missed spelling errors, I purely blame my daughter!!!!!!!!!!!
But hey down to business. This week at TTPH it's steampunk week. Always a challenge but really interesting to see every body's  interpretation of it. To make our cards, we have the fab sponsor this week of Rick St Denis. An absolutely awesome designer, who's images are a real pleasure to work with. And here's mine.




Done on a basic cream 8x8 card, I started by randomly stamping text stamp and a clock stamp around the edge of the card, overlaying the blue matt paper, with added paper curls for pizazz and tore a strip of the burgundy paper to tie it all together. I coloured the image in sepia tones using Promarkers and added a couple of gilded wooden keys, some lace and made flowers by crumpling up paper and lightly inking over using an ink duster.
Join us at TTPH and have a go.

Through The Purple  Haze Challenges

Ingredients:
8x8 cream base card - Craft UK Ltd
Image - Supplied by http://www.etsy.com/shop/RickStdennis
Blue & Burgundy paper - Docrafts Gorjuss range
Promarkers - TBC
Inks - Ranger Adirondack Caramel & Cappucino
Dies - Spellbinders Persian accents & TBC
Keys - Santoro Docrafts
Gilding flakes - Indigoblu
flower centres - Craftwork cards Candi


I am entering this card into the following challenges:




        









5 comments:

  1. Wendy what a fantastic card.......again another busy card, lots of thought went into it...its lovely

    fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy!! I think this is just incredibly beautiful. Love all the details and the rolled paper!! It's fantastic!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, I love that image and it's colored beautifully! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant Wendy I love how you coloured the image xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining us at Country View Crafts :)

    ReplyDelete